Our Statement of Faith:
Under the Lordship of Jesus Christ and on the authority of the Holy Scriptures, the doctrines that we wholeheartedly affirm include the following:
- We believe in the God who has revealed Himself as recorded in the Holy Bible – One God, Perfect in all His attributes, existing eternally as three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Holy Bible, consisting of the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments, is God’s Word and is our guide for all matters of Faith and Practice. Given by Inspiration of the Holy Spirit, the Scriptures are Inerrant, Infallible, and Wholly Reliable.
- We believe in the absolute deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, God the Son born in human flesh, truly God and truly man.
- We believe that God the Holy Spirit convicts of sin, makes all those who trust in Christ children of God through regeneration (the New Birth), assures Believers of their right standing before God in Christ, and, by His indwelling presence and power, enables Believers to live Godly lives.
- We believe that all individuals are sinners by nature, by choice, and by practice, and thus deserve the righteous wrath of God.
- We believe that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that all who trust in Him are justified on the merit of His finished work of atonement. Salvation is by Grace alone, through Faith alone, in Christ alone.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, His glorious ascension back to the Father, and His present ministry of intercession for us at the right hand of the Majesty on High.
- We believe in the Blessed Hope: that Christ will physically come again, and that He may return at any moment to call true Believers to Himself and thus deliver the Church from the coming Great Tribulation.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust – the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost.
- We believe that God is fulfilling His eternal purposes in and through His Churches, local bodies of Believers in the Lord Jesus Christ. Each congregation is to operate under the Lordship of Jesus Christ through democratic processes, governed by His laws, exercising the gifts, responsibilities, and privileges bestowed by His spirit, and seeking to extend the Gospel to the ends of the earth. All of the Redeemed at all times in all places make up the Body of Christ.
- We believe that the ordinances of the New Testament Church are Baptism by immersion as a testimony of faith in Christ, and observance of the Lord’s Supper as a symbolic remembrance of His Body and Blood.